Need a little help from your friends? Fallen on hard times? Buying some booze for a party? Collecting for a baby shower gift? Shoot a Flare to let your network know!
Our Shoot a Flare feature allows you to set up a temporary, 30-day, world-wide MoneyBox that your friends and family can contribute to by sharing a link using the channel of your choice. You can setup your Flare from the Home screen or you can setup, edit, or delete your Flare from the "My MoneyBoxes" section located in the Main Menu. Once you tap the button to Shoot a Flare, you will see a description of what a Flare can do for you; tap Next and Setup your Flare.
Setup your Flare:
- Enter the amount you are trying to raise in the "How much money do you need?" section
- Name your Mezu Flare. This short description will help let your friends and family know why you are raising funds
- Tell your story to share with your Flare. In this section, you can provide a more detailed summary of why you are raising funds
- Tap "Save and Share"
- A box will appear asking if you would like to keep your MoneyBox unlisted
- By putting the toggle in the "on" position, this will ensure that your MoneyBox will only be accessible via the link you share
- By putting the toggle in the "off" position, your MoneyBox will be visible to all Mezu users
- Tap "Share to Social Media". From here you can choose the desired app to share your Flare link
Once you shoot your Flare, you will be taken to the MoneyBox that you just created. From here, you can view the MoneyBox transactions, edit details, or delete the Flare.
*Donations made to your Flare, are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. But, you can always check with a tax professional to be sure. Donors will not be issued a tax receipt from our company.