Our Shoot a Flare feature allows our users to set up a temporary, 30-day, world-wide MoneyBox that friends and family can contribute to by sharing a link using the channel of their choice. If you have been sent a link or have seen their link on social media, tap the link and follow the steps below to contribute!
If you are a not a Mezu user yet:
- Enter your phone number! We will text you a link so you can install Mezu and finish your donation or you can download the Mezu app directly from your Apple Store or Google Play Store
- Setup your Mezu account. Don't forget to link your bank account or debit card!
- Tap the Bell in the upper right-hand corner of your Home screen and select the notification to continue donating to the Flare
- Complete your donation by following the steps below
If you are a current Mezu user:
- Once you have read the user's story, tap "Help this user"
- Select the amount you wish to donate
- Tap "Pay now"
- If the user has selected to make the Flare public, you will have the option to help them out by sharing their Flare to your network!
*Donations made to your Flare, are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. But, you can always check with a tax professional to be sure. Donors will not be issued a tax receipt from our company.