You can use Mezu to safely pay someone you don’t know, without sharing personal contact information – for example, the guy who’s selling you that couch you found on that resale site, tipping your favorite bartender, or settling up with a vendor at a street fair.
To securely pay someone you don’t know:
- Tap “Pay” and choose “with a CashCode”
- Enter the amount you want to pay and choose “Pay Now”
- Mezu will display the amount you entered and a 4-digit code. If you want to cancel this transaction, tap “Cancel” before the recipient inputs the code
- Show the code to the person you want to pay. The code is only good for 2 minutes and be sure to only share it with the intended recipient. To extend the duration of the code for a non-Mezu user, read here
- Tap “Done” to return to your Home screen or close the app when finished.
If you accidentally press "Done" or close the screen before your recipient enters the code within 2 minutes, simply retrieve the code from your "Transactions" screen under the Pending tab. You can also cancel the transaction on this screen. If the funds are not redeemed within 2 minutes, the transaction will expire.
Mezu will confidentially hold the records of users involved in each transaction. The only transaction detail available to both of you will be information regarding the amount, location, date and time, or any other information required by law. To view your transaction history, select “Transactions” from the menu.
If you are having any trouble, please click here for some helpful tips or reach out to our Customer Care Team!