Mezu's Load feature allows you to add money into your Mezu account using any of the available payment methods that you have linked to your Mezu account. For details on adding or removing payment methods, see here.
You have the option to load your account "manually" using any of the payment methods on file, or to auto-load for each transaction, meaning to top off your Mezu account on-demand at the moment you Give, Drop or Send.
- Open the "Load" menu;
- Enter the amount you want to load and select "Load." (If you don't have a payment method inserted, you'll be prompted to add one.);
- If you have multiple payment methods, select the payment method (card or bank account) to load from and select "Load."
If you experience issues doing a manual load:
- You may be trying to load from a payment method that does not have funds. We advise you to try loading from another card or bank account.
- The card or bank account from which you are trying to load may not support load operations. In this case we advise you to try loading from another card or bank account.
- You may be trying to load an amount that is greater than the transacting limits allowed for your account. For details on this, and on how to increase your level, see here.
You may set up an Auto-Load rule to keep your Mezu account balance above a threshold that you define. If the balance in your account is less than your threshold, your pre-determined load amount will automatically be transferred to your bank account.
To set up this rule, just follow these steps:
- Go to "Menu" and select "Load;"
- Go to tab "Auto;"
- Turn on the toggle "Enable Auto Load;"
- Select the amount you wish to define as your threshold;
- Select the amount to Load;
- Select the payment method from which you want to load your funds (if you don't have a payment method inserted, you'll be prompted to add one.);
- Click "Save."
You may edit or delete this rule at any time.
There will be a notification every time an Auto-Load occurs indicating success or failure.
If you experience issues configuring an Auto-Load:
- You may be trying to configure an Auto-Load rule with a threshold below zero. This is not possible, since it would mean that your Mezu account could be overdrawn, which is not a feature of the service.
- You may be trying to configure an Auto-Load rule that would generate an auto-withdraw transaction in a loop. An Auto-Withdraw rule is similar to an Auto-Load rule, except that it keeps your balance below a threshold that you define. For example, you could configure an Auto-withdraw rule that withdraws $50 every time your balance is more than $200. However, if you could configure, for example, an auto-load rule that loads $100 when you go below $50, and an Auto-Withdraw rule that withdraws $100 when you go above $120, you would create an endless loop of loads and withdraws! So in this case, we advise you to adjust your Auto-Load and / or your Auto-Withdraw rules to avoid the loop.
- You may be trying to configure an Auto-Load rule with a load amount that is lower than the threshold. For example, if you define your threshold at $20 and your Auto-Load at $10, if your balance went down to $5 the Auto-Load would not be sufficient to get you back above the threshold. In this case, please adjust your Load amount and / or your threshold so that the Load amount exceeds the threshold.
If the above was not helpful, or if you have any other questions about loading your Mezu account, please contact Mezu's Customer Care team through the in-app form (go to Main Menu > Support > Contact > Send us a Message).