You can also Give to someone who's not on Mezu!
- Tap Give, choose the amount and wait for the code to be generated;
- You'll then have the option at the bottom of the screen to "Extend to a New User;"
- Once you tap on the "Extend to a New User" button, a prompt will pop up explaining that in order to extend the code to, your account will be charged the amount you chose to give. If the person getting the money does not redeem the code, your Mezu balance will be refunded.
- Once you hit "ok" your code's radius and expiration time will be extended from two minutes to 24 hours.
- The person you'd like to give the money to can either download the app and then input the code once they have activated their account, or they can scan the QR code that is on the extended Give Code screen. A QR code is generated so the Getter can scan it and redeem it.
To use the QR code
- For iOS users who already have software version 11, the camera is already enabled to scan QR codes. Simply open the camera as if you are taking a picture and then you'll be prompted to open Mezu in your browser.
- For all other software versions and Android users, you need a QR scanner app.
- After scanning the QR code, you'll be redirected to a Mezu page where you will enter your mobile phone number so that amount can be associated to their account
- After installing Mezu and activating using the same phone number, that amount will already be on their available balance.