- In order to use the private “Give” and “Get” features of the Mezu App, the person giving the money (Giver) and the person getting the money (Getter) must be within close proximity to each other.
- In order to keep the codes short and easy to use, Mezu creates the codes based on a small location radius. Therefore, when using this functionality, make sure you are in close proximity to the other party.
- When you open the app, you are immediately on the Give screen;
- Just tap on the amount you want to give in the Give keypad and Mezu will automatically generate a unique four-digit code to show to the Getter in order for them to complete the transaction;
- If you'd like to enter a specific amount that is not on the shortcut button, you can tap "another amount" and enter the amount of your choosing;
- If you’d like to cancel this transaction, simply press the cancel button at the bottom of your screen before the Getter inputs the code. Your balance or payment method will not be charged until the Getter completes the transaction.
- If you do not have enough balance in your Mezu account to cover the Give amount, you must add a default payment method and that will be charged the full amount of the Give and your balance will stay the same. Your default payment method must be a bank account validated within our system or either a debit card.
- Share the four-digit code with the Getter. They will have two minutes to input that code into the Get screen of their app on their mobile device in order to receive the funds;
- We encourage you to be cautious when sharing the code in a public place; if the wrong person uses it, you cannot recover the funds.
- If the Getter does not input the code within the two minutes allotted, the code will expire, and they will not be able access the funds.
- For information on how to extend the time or radius of the code for a non-Mezu user, please refer to this section.
- After completing the transaction, account balances for both the Giver and Getter are updated to reflect the transaction.
No other information is required from you in order to Give, as it's a completely anonymous transaction. Mezu will confidentially hold the records of users involved in each transaction. The only transaction detail available to both of you will be information regarding the amount, location, date and time, or any information required by law. To view transaction history, select the Transaction option from the menu list.
Giving with Mezu is just like giving with real cash. Once you've given and the Getter has completed the transaction, you cannot take it back unless the recipient is willing to give it back. If you Give and then change your mind, you can ask the recipient to Give the funds back to you; however, you can not force a reimbursement via the App if the original transaction has been completed. Please bear in mind that Mezu will not intervene on your behalf to reverse a Give.
Other ways to Give
For information on how to Give to a MezuBox in close proximity, please refer to this section.
For information on how to Give to someone in your Contacts, please refer to this section.
If you experience difficulties Giving, here are some tips to help you:
a) Check that location services are enabled on your device;
b) Check if your location is correct on Maps app. If it is not correct, restart your phone;
c) You may not have a payment method linked to your account. In this case, see here on how to add one;
d) You may be trying to Give an amount that is outside of the minimum/maximum allowed. You can check the limits here;
d) You may be trying to Give more than is allowed at your level of customer identification. For details on this, and on how to increase your level, see here;
e) If your generated Give code is not used within the allowed timeframe, you will see a transaction in your history labeled "Refund." This means the money has been reinstated to your available balance.