A MezuBox is a fixed, location-based code that allows you to receive money even when you don't have your mobile device with you. For example, MezuBoxes are particularly useful for those who work in service industries and receive tips on a regular basis, such as bartenders, hotel bellhops, parking garage attendants, etc. By displaying your MezuBox number, perhaps on signage, lapel pin, etc., customers and guests will be able to easily and anonymously send a tip to your MezuBox, which is great for customers and guests that do not carry cash!
How to give to a MezuBox
- Using the Drop option on the main screen, pick or search for the specific MezuBox you'd like to give to.
- You must be in close proximity to where the MezuBox was created in order to give money
- Then enter the amount and tap "Confirm."
To create a MezuBox:
- Go to the main Drop screen and click the + button;
- Your existing MezuBoxes are listed;
- If you don't have any codes created, there will be nothing listed.
- Tap on "Generate a New MezuBox" and an automatically generated code will be displayed.
- If you'd like to edit your MezuBox, you can either tap to edit and then enter a 4-digit code, or you can tap "Generate New MezuBox" so a new one is generated automatically;
- Click "Next";
- Click "Save."
MezuBoxes are valid for eight weeks from when they were last used. You will get two push notifications regarding approaching expiration dates: The first is sent three days before the expiration date and the second is sent one day before. If the MezuBox expires, a notification will be also sent.
Each user can have up to five different MezuBoxes at one time. As an example, you can create and display one MezuBox at your usual selling point at a local flea market, and then create other codes to use at your office location, home, etc.