A MoneyBox is a fixed location-based code that allows you to receive funds even when you don’t have your mobile device with you. For example, MoneyBoxes are useful for people who work in service industries and get tips on a regular basis – like bartenders, hotel bellhops, and valets. If a MoneyBox number is displayed on signage, a name tag or lapel pin, customers and guests will know they can seamlessly and securely tip without cash. If you are looking to share a MoneyBox to your social media platforms, check out how to Shoot a Flare.
How to Pay to a MoneyBox
- Tap "Pay" and choose “to a MoneyBox”
- Select the MoneyBox you want to pay, or search for it. User-generated MoneyBoxes are visible within the radius the user selected
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- The app will display the amount you want to pay and the MoneyBox number you chose. You can also add a note if you want, but it’s not required!
- Tap “Pay now” and you’re all set!
How to create a MoneyBox
- Go to the Menu in the upper left-hand corner of your Home screen and click “My MoneyBoxes”
- Select "Create a new MoneyBox" > "MoneyBox"
- Choose the location and radius (up to 50 miles) for your MoneyBox and hit “Next”
- An automatically generated 4-digit code will be displayed. You have the option to edit this code
- Click "Save"
MoneyBoxes are valid for two years from the time they were last used. We will notify you when your MoneyBox is about to expire.
Each user can have up to 20 different MoneyBoxes at once. For example, you can create and display a MoneyBox at your flea market vendor booth, your weekend barista shift, home, or other locations that work for you.