A MezuBox is a fixed location-based code that allows you to Get Paid even when you don’t have your mobile device with you. For example, MezuBoxes are useful for people who work in service industries and get tips on a regular basis – like bartenders, hotel bellhops, and valets. If a MezuBox number is displayed on signage, a name tag or lapel pin, customers and guests will know they can seamlessly and securely tip without cash.
How to Pay to a MezuBox
- Tap Pay and choose “To a MezuBox.”
- Select the MezuBox you want to Pay, or search for it – remember, you must be in close proximity to where the MezuBox was created in order to pay it.
- Enter the amount you want to Pay and tap “Next.”
- The app will display the amount you want to Pay and the MezuBox number you chose. You can also add a note if you want, but it’s not required!
- Tap “Confirm” and you’re all set!
How to create a MezuBox
- Go to the Main Menu and click the “Create your first MezuBox.”
- If you already have a MezuBox, it will say “Your closest MezuBox.”
- Choose the location and radius (up to 50 miles) for your MezuBox and hit “Next.”
- An automatically generated 4-digit code will be displayed. If you'd like to edit your MezuBox, you can either tap to edit and then enter a new 4-digit code, or you can tap "Generate New MezuBox" so a new one is generated automatically.
- Click "Save."
MezuBoxes are valid for eight weeks from whenever they were last used. You’ll get two push notifications as the expiration date approaches: the first three days before your MezuBox expires and the second the day before your MezuBox expires. If your MezuBox expires, you’ll also get a notification at that time.
Each user can have up to five different MezuBoxes at once. For example, you can create and display a MezuBox at your flea market vendor booth, your weekend barista shift, your home, or other locations that work for you.