A DropCode is a fixed, location-based code that allows you to receive money even when you don't have your mobile device with you. For example, DropCodes are particularly useful for those who work in service industries and receive tips on a regular basis, such as bartenders, hotel bellhops, parking garage attendants, etc. By displaying your DropCode number, perhaps on signage, lapel pin, etc., customers and guests will be able to easily and anonymously send a tip to your DropCode, which is great for customers and guests that do not carry cash!
How to give to a DropCode
- Using the Drop option on the main screen, pick or search for the specific DropCode you'd like to give to.
- You must be in close proximity to where the DropCode was created in order to give money
- Then enter the amount and tap "Confirm."
To create a DropCode:
- Go to the main Drop screen and click the + button;
- Your existing DropCodes are listed;
- If you don't have any codes created, there will be nothing listed.
- Tap on "Generate a New DropCode" and an automatically generated code will be displayed.
- If you'd like to edit your DropCode, you can either tap to edit and then enter a 4-digit code, or you can tap "Generate New DropCode" so a new one is generated automatically;
- Click "Next";
- Click "Save."
DropCodes are valid for six weeks from when they were last used. You will get two push notifications regarding approaching expiration dates: The first is sent three days before the expiration date and the second is sent one day before. If the DropCode expires, a notification will be also sent.
Each user can have up to five different DropCodes at one time. As an example, you can create and display one DropCode at your usual selling point at a local flea market, and then create other codes to use at your office location, home, etc.