A MezuBox is a fixed location-based code that allows you to Get Paid even when you don’t have your mobile device with you. For example, MezuBoxes are useful for people who work in service industries and get tips on a regular basis – like bartenders, hotel bellhops, and valets. If a MezuBox number is displayed on signage, a name tag or lapel pin, customers and guests will know they can seamlessly and securely tip without cash.
How to Pay to a MezuBox
- Tap Pay and choose “To a MezuBox.”
- Select the MezuBox you want to Pay, or search for it. User-generated MezuBoxes are visible within the radius the user selected.
- Enter the amount you want to Pay and tap “Next.”
- The app will display the amount you want to Pay and the MezuBox number you chose. You can also add a note if you want, but it’s not required!
- Tap “Confirm” and you’re all set!
How to create a MezuBox
- Go to the Menu in the upper left-hand corner of your Home screen and click “My MezuBoxes.”
- Select "Generate a New Mezubox"
- Choose the location and radius (up to 50 miles) for your MezuBox and hit “Next.”
- An automatically generated 4-digit code will be displayed. You have the option to edit this code.
- Click "Save."
MezuBoxes are valid for eight weeks from whenever they were last used. We will notify you when your MezuBox is about to expire.
Each user can have up to five different MezuBoxes at once. For example, you can create and display a MezuBox at your flea market vendor booth, your weekend barista shift, your home, or other locations that work for you.