Using Mezu's "Send" feature, you can Pay people you know, by using a phone number or email address from your Contacts list or by entering a phone number or email address in the search bar. You can send money to people even if they are not using Mezu yet!
- In the main screen, tap "Send" and either pick a contact from your list or type in their phone number or email address;
- Select the amount* you wish to send, then click "Pay;"
- If you like, you can add a personal message of up to 250 characters that will be visible to the receiver (e.g. "Happy Birthday"). This message will also be visible in your Transaction history;
- If your contact is a registered Mezu user:
- The funds will be immediately transferred.
- If your contact is not a registered Mezu user:
- The transaction will be held as pending of acceptance or rejection for 7 days;
- The system will notify the receiver of the availability of the funds (either via email or SMS), and guide them through the steps of installing the Mezu app and redeeming the funds;
- If you send a payment to someone via an email address, the Receiver must click "accept" and then they will be taken to the redemption page in their browser and prompted to add in their phone number to redeem their money. Once they download the app, they must use the same phone number to activate their account in order to receive the funds.
- After installing the app, the Receiver will be notified that funds have been sent to him/her through Mezu and they will be prompted to accept or decline the transaction;
- By accepting the transaction, the Receiver's Mezu account balance will be increased by the transaction amount, and your account will be decreased by the same amount;
- If the transaction expires, then you will be notified that the transaction has expired;
- You can cancel the transaction while it is pending in the "Transactions" menu by selecting the "Cancel" link within the specific "Send" transaction you want to cancel.
*If the amount selected to pay is above your Mezu account balance, a charge from the default payment method that you have linked to your Mezu account will be made for the full amount of the transaction.
If you experience difficulties when Sending funds, here are some tips to help you:
- You may be trying to Pay someone who is in a country not yet supported by Mezu. Currently, Mezu is available only in the U.S.
- You may be trying to Pay to a VoIP telephone number. Unfortunately, Mezu does not support Sending to these numbers, and will return an error message. We advise you to use an alternative phone number or an email address.
- You may not have a payment method linked to your account. In this case, see here on how to add a card or bank account.
- You may not have sufficient balance on the payment methods you have linked to Mezu. In this case, top up your bank account or debit card, or add a new card or account with balance.
- You may be trying to Pay an amount that is below the minimum allowed. You can check the minimum allowed amounts here.
- You may be trying to Pay more than the maximum amount allowed. You can check the maximum allowed amounts here.
- You may be trying to Pay more than is allowed at your level of customer identification. For details on this, and on how to increase your allowed level, see here.
- You may be trying to Pay yourself. This feature is not supported by Mezu.
If the above was not helpful, or if you have any other questions about Sending with Mezu, please contact us here.