Using Mezu's "Send" feature, you can send a Request for money from someone you know, by using a phone number or email address from your Contacts list or by entering a phone number or email address in the search bar. You can request money from people even if they are not using Mezu yet!
- In the main screen, tap "Send" and either pick a contact from your list or type in their phone number or email address;
- Enter the amount you wish to request;
- Tap "Request;"
- You can add a personal message that will be visible to the person you are requesting money (or the Payer) from by taping the pencil icon. This message is limited to 250 alphanumeric characters and will be visible in your transaction history;
- If your contact is not a registered Mezu user, the system will notify them of the request by SMS or by email, and guide them through the steps of how to install Mezu and accept your Request;
- The Payer will be notified of the request through Mezu and will be prompted to accept or reject the transaction;
- If the Payer accepts the transaction, your Mezu Account balance will be increased by the requested amount, and the Payer's balance will be decreased by the same amount. If the Payer declines the transaction, both balances remain unchanged;
- Prior to the Payer either accepting or rejecting your Request, you can cancel it. To do this, go to the "Transactions" menu, tap "Pending", and then select the Request you want to cancel. Click on the "Cancel Transaction" link;
- Your Request will be active for seven days. If it is not accepted or rejected within that time, it will automatically expire.
If you experience difficulties Requesting, here are some tips to help you:
- You may be trying to Request from someone who is in a country that is not supported by Mezu. Currently, Mezu is available only in the U.S.
- You may be trying to Request from a VoIP telephone number. Unfortunately, Mezu does not support Requests from these numbers. We advise you to use an alternative phone number or an email address.
- You may be trying to Request an amount below the minimum amount. You can check the minimum allowed here.
- You may be trying to Request an amount that is over the maximum amount. You can check the maximum allowed here.
- You may be trying to Request an amount that is greater than the amount allowed at your level of customer identification. For details on this, and on how to increase your level, see here.
- You may be trying to Request from yourself. This feature is not supported by Mezu.
If the above was not helpful, or if you have any other questions about the Request feature on Mezu, please contact us here.