You can get paid by requesting money from one of your contacts or someone else that you know – friends splitting a check at dinner, paying someone back for concert tickets, or regular customers from your dog walking side hustle. You can even request money from people even if they are not using Mezu yet!
- Tap Get Paid and choose “From a Contact.”
- Choose the person you’re requesting money from, or enter their mobile number or email address.
- Enter the amount you want to get paid and choose “Next.”
- Mezu will display the amount you want to get paid, and your contact’s name and mobile number.
- If you want, you can add a short note to your request, like “pet-sitting” or “drinks last night,” but that’s totally optional.
- Tap "Done."
If your contact is not a registered Mezu user:
- They will be notified of the request by SMS or by email, and will be prompted to accept or reject the transaction.
- If they accept the transaction, your Mezu Account balance will be increased by the requested amount, and the Payer's balance will be decreased by the same amount. If the Payer declines the transaction, both balances remain unchanged.
- Prior to them either accepting or rejecting your request, you can cancel it.
- To do this, go to the "Transactions" menu, tap "Pending", and then select the request you want to cancel. Click on the "Cancel Transaction" link.
- Your request will be active for seven days. If it is not accepted or rejected within that time, it will automatically expire.
If you experience difficulties using this feature, here are some tips to help you:
- You may be trying to request from someone who is in a country that is not supported by Mezu. Currently, Mezu is available only in the U.S.
- You may be trying to request from a VoIP telephone number. Unfortunately, Mezu does not support Requests from these numbers. We advise you to use an alternative phone number or an email address.
- You may be trying to request an amount below the minimum amount. You can check the minimum allowed here.
- You may be trying to request an amount that is over the maximum amount. You can check the maximum allowed here.
- You may be trying to request an amount that is greater than the amount allowed at your level of customer identification. For details on this, and on how to increase your level, see here.
- You may be trying to request from yourself! This feature is not supported by Mezu.
If the above was not helpful, or if you have any other questions about the Request feature on Mezu, please contact us here.